Saturday, February 23, 2013

Pre-Loved



I've never been one for "pre-owned" shoes.  I actually thought it was yucky.  I do vintage, but not undergarments, swimwear, hats & shoes.

However, years ago, I was in line behind a girl in Chicago who had these L.L. Bean boots on.  I immediately asked her where she got them, but of course, they were vintage & she got them on ebay.  I looked on their website every year hoping they would re-issue them & even looked in their flagship store in Freeport, Maine.  Even on ebay, I could never find them in my size & almost gave up, but I found them just last month.  I had my trepidations, especially since these were something you wore working (a.k.a.-sweating) in mud, but I couldn't resist putting closure to my long search.

I looked up some "recipes" on how to clean vintage shoes & I've been enjoying them since. 

No comments:

Post a Comment