Tuesday, February 8, 2011

The High Maintenance "Low Maintenance" Look


I love this quote from Dita von Teese (pictured above):
"I have a lot of friends that have a very natural look & it takes just as long [to achieve].  They straighten their hair, wear all that bronzer & beige lipstick & apply 50 coats of mascara to make themselves look natural.  I'm doing the same thing just with different colors.  I set my hair which is actually quicker than a blow dry."
I always hated that it takes me SO long to get ready in the morning & look effortles--like I'm not too "done."  It's a relief to hear that it takes others just as long to get ready & look "natural."  I've always been convinced that I'm the only one who has to work to look effortless & that everyone else secretly wakes up looking amazing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment