Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Working It Out


When I go to the gym at the wee hours of the morning, I am barely standing upright & am definitely incoherent.  I put on my sweatpants & a tank top underneath a hoodie & a puffer.  It’s a miracle I get to the gym actually as I’m very much not a morning person. 

However, I wish I could look like the girl pictured above when I hit the gym.  I think I would be more confident if I looked cooler.  At the same time, I feel like I need to be in better shape to go to the gym dressed this cool.  Otherwise, I might just look like a poser.  I would have the gear, but not the ability to back it up. 

One could argue that I’m decidedly a poser already though.  Can I justify why I’m wearing a motorcycle jacket or motorcycle boots?  I’m most certain I would not be able to keep a motorcycle upright.  Do I need to earn the right to wear one?  How about a field jacket*?  I suppose it shouldn’t be any different & I should dress the way I want both in & out of the gym—whether I have the ability to do the things I’m dressed to do or not. 

------

* I have a story for another time regarding wearing military field jackets. 

No comments:

Post a Comment